|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Medium red apples||2|
|Celery stalks, leaves reserved||3|
|Small red onion, thinly sliced||¼|
- STEPPlace half of the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- STEPSlice the apples thinly. Add apple slices to lemon juice mixture and toss it to coat.
- STEPSeparately, combine the mayonnaise with balance of lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- STEPSlice celery thinly, and chop the leaves.
- STEPAdd celery, walnuts, onions to apple mixture and gently toss.
- STEPDrizzle mayonnaise mixture on top of it.
Waldorf salad was created for the first time by maitre d' of Waldorf-Astoria hotel, Oscar Tschirky, in the mid-1890s.