|Ribeye steaks||2 x 250g|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Softened butter||3 tbsp|
|Fresh thyme||3 tbsp|
|Fresh rosemary||3 tbsp|
- STEPPreheat oven to 200°C, placing a large 10” cast iron skillet in the oven to heat it for 5 minutes.
- STEPSeason the steaks with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- STEPRemove the cast skillet from the oven and place it on the burner on high heat.
- STEPAdd steaks to pan and sear for 45 seconds. Flip the steaks to sear the other sides for another 45 seconds
- STEPRemove skillet from burner and oven cook it for 3 minutes.
- STEPFlip the steaks and cook for 2 minutes (medium rare) or 3 minutes (medium well). Cover the skillet and let the steaks sit for 2 minutes with a foil covering it.
- STEPSlice the refrigerated herb butter and top the steaks with it.
- STEPIn a small bowl, add softened butter, thyme and rosemary.
- STEPMix the ingredients together and place the butter mix on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- STEPRoll the butter into a log and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
After searing the outside of the steak, move it to the cooler side of the grill to give the inside of the steak a moment to catch up.