|Garlic, crushed||1 clove|
|Medium carrot, grated||1|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1 cup|
|Parsley, chopped||3 tbsp|
|Ground nutmeg||½ tsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Puff pastry, semi thawed||3 sheets|
|Sesame seeds||1 tbsp|
- STEPPreheat oven to 200°C, line baking trays with baking paper.
- STEPMix all minced meat, garlic, carrot, breadcrumbs, parsley, nutmeg and seasonings.
- STEPBeat 1 egg and add to mince mix, divide to 6 portions.
- STEPCut pastry sheets in half, roll mince portion for about 20-25cm long.
- STEPPlace down the sides, beat remaining eggs and brush the edges.
- STEPRoll up to close filling. Place it on the trays and brush it again with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- STEPBake it for 20 minutes or until it turns golden in colour.
- STEPServe it with butterhead lettuce and salad dressing, as a light meal.
You can also make these rolls in bulk and freeze them for a rainy day!