|Quality sirloin beef||1.5kg|
|Fresh thyme, rosemary and bay leaves||1 tbsp|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Sea salt||To taste|
|Black Pepper||For taste|
- STEPThaw beef for 30 minutes.
- STEPWash and roughly chop the vegetables.
- STEPBreak the garlic bulb into cloves and leave it unpeeled.
- STEPPile all vegetables, garlic and herbs in the middle of the roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- STEPDrizzle beef with oil. Add salt and pepper, rubbing it thoroughly.
- STEPPlace beef on top of the vegetables.
- STEPPreheat oven to 200°C, cook beef for 1 hour until medium-rare.
- STEPBaste the beef halfway through cooking and baste the vegetables too. If it looks too dry, try adding a splash of water to the tray to stop it from getting burnt.
- STEPOnce the beef is cooked, transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 15 minutes under the aluminum foil, before cutting and serving it.
Serve the roast beef leftover in sandwiches and or use it to make beef hash the next day!