|Medium chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces||1|
|Large onion, sliced||1|
|Turmeric||1 small piece|
|Curry leaves||2 stalks|
- STEPGrind the shallots, cumin, dried chilli, turmeric, garlic, and ginger together.
- STEPHeat oil in a deep pan and put in mustard seeds.
- STEPWhen seeds crackle, add the sliced onions and fry until it turns golden.
- STEPAdd ground spices and fry for a few minutes.
- STEPAdd chicken and curry leaves and stir well, making sure the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- STEPReduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender.
- STEPAdd vinegar and salt to taste
- STEPCook for a few more minutes over low heat before dishing out.
For more intense taste, mix the chicken with the ground spice and marinate overnight.