|Extra virgin olive oil||5 tbsp|
|Skinless, boneless chicken thighs||350g|
|Salt & pepper||To taste|
|Onions, sliced thinly||2|
|Monterey Jack cheese, grated||1 cup|
|Dinner rolls, cut in half||4|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Romaine lettuce, torn to pieces||1|
|Japanese cucumber, thinly sliced||½|
- STEPIn a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- STEPSeason the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook, turning occasionally until golden.
- STEPAfter 6-8 minutes, transfer to a plate. Let it cool before slicing the chicken meat.
- STEPIn the same pan, heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- STEPAdd onions, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook until golden for 7 minutes.
- STEPDivide the chicken mixture among the rolls.
- STEPUsing a sandwich maker press, cook the sandwiches for a couple of minutes until grill lines appear.
- STEPIn a large bowl, juice lemon and add 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil.
- STEPAdd in the romaine lettuce, cucumber and toss. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the sandwich.
Fun fact: In Italy the term 'panino' refers to a small bread roll and its plural is 'panini'.