|Boneless sirloin or tenderloin||450g|
|Pear, pealed||1 cup|
|Onion, chopped||¾ cup|
|Ginger, chopped||1 tsp|
|Soy sauce||2 tbsp|
|Roasted sesame oil||1 tbsp|
|Light brown sugar/honey||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper||½ tsp|
|Sesame seeds, toasted||1 tsp|
- STEPCut beef across grain into thin slices. Cook in a skillet.
- STEPIn a food processor, place garlic, pear, onion, ginger and blitz until the blend is smooth and creamy. This is the marinade.
- STEPIn a bowl or sealable bag, combine beef slices, marinade, scallion, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and pepper. Mix them well.
- STEPCover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (Overnight is best for a deeper flavour).
- STEPCook the meat on high heat in a pan, stirring constantly until the liquid has evaporated and meat begins to brown around the edges.
- STEPSprinkle sesame seeds.
Eat as the Koreans would with lettuce leaf and rice, or go Mexican with tortilla wraps!