|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|All-purpose flour||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper||¼ tsp|
|Rubbed sage||½ tsp|
|Whole milk||1 ½ cups|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Cantal / Cheddar cheese,shredded||1 ½ cups|
|Bread crumbs||1 cup|
|Parmesan cheese||1 cup|
- STEPPreheat your oven to 180°C and graze the gratin dish with butter. Set aside.
- STEPIn a pan, sauté onions with olive oil for 5 minutes. Then, sprinkle flour over the onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- STEPAdd in salt, pepper, rubbed sage and milk, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- STEPAdd in broccoli and cheese to the sauce. When the mixture comes to a simmer, pour it onto the buttered gratin dish.
- STEPStir in 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 cup of breadcrumbs and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- STEPSprinkle breadcrumbs over the gratin and bake for 20 minutes.
- STEPPlate to serve when breadcrumbs turn golden brown.
For a more hearty savour, you may include quinoa in this recipe.