|Small, cooked whole beetroot, chopped||3|
|Self raising flour||200g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Maple syrup||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
|Butter, melted + extra for frying||25g|
|Strong bread flour||1½ cup|
- STEPBlend the beetroot and milk in a jug with a stick blender until smooth.
- STEPPour into a bowl with the rest of the pancake ingredients and whisk until it is smooth and vibrant purple.
- STEPPut a small knob of butter in a large, non-stick frying pan and heat over a medium-low heat until melted and foamy.
- STEPMake 3 or 4 pancakes each made from 2 tablespoons of the batter. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip over and cook for a further minute until cooked.
- STEPRepeat with any remaining batter. You may heat the oven at lowest setting to keep the pancakes warm in there until needed.
- STEPServe with your favourite pancake toppings.
The secret to buttery-crisp edges with a soft, fluffy interior is to give the pan some time to become evenly hot.