|Brown sugar, firmly packed||55g|
|Golden syrup||2 tbsp|
|Bicarbonate of soda||½ tsp|
- STEPPreheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- STEPIn a large bowl, combine flour, oats, coconut, and sugar.
- STEPHeat a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in butter, golden syrup, and water until it is all combined. Add bicarbonate of soda.
- STEPOnce dissolved, mix all the ingredients. Let it cool for several minutes.
- STEPScoop a tablespoonful of the oat mixture into balls, about 5cm apart to let it spread while baking. Flatten slightly using the back of a fork.
- STEPBake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack and store it in an airtight container.
You may use maple syrup or honey as a substitute for golden syrup.