|Cauliflower florets, cut and rinsed||400g|
|Potatoes, sliced wedges or cubed||5-6|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Chili powder||1 tsp|
|Garam masala powder||½ tsp|
|Coriander leaves||3-4 stalks|
|Oil or ghee||4 tbsp|
- STEPChop, rinse and boil the cauliflower in salted water for 10 minutes.
- STEPPeel and slice potatoes in wedges or cubes.
- STEPDrain the cauliflower and keep aside.
- STEPAdd potatoes to oil or ghee in a wok. Stir and sauté them on low heat for 6 minutes, stirring sparingly.
- STEPAdd the cauliflower and sauté it for 3-4 minutes and continue stirring.
- STEPAdd chopped ginger, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Make sure all the veggies are well coated.
- STEPCover the pan with lid tightly and let it simmer for about 18-20 minutes, on low flame. Do not add water.
- STEPOnce potatoes and cauliflower are cooked, sprinkle the garam masala powder and coriander leaves.
Aloo gobi is best served with bread, prata or even rice.